Saturday, December 24, 2005

estimated blood alcohol concentration is .039

I don't know if this estimate is accurate as I don't know the exact number of drinks I've drank tonight, and food should definitely factor into the equation. Oh well. The family had a good dinner, we exchanged Christmas presents. I'd say my family is generally Christian-Catholic and I think that most religions should be hyphenated like that. Myself, for instance, I could call myself Christian-Atheist-Buddhist as that is the order of beliefs that have held sway in my life. I am now part atheist and part Buddhist but I was raised Christian and I feel that is somewhat unrepairable. If and when I have children I will absolutely teach them to live their lives by Buddhist philosophies, as I feel that no matter what a child is taught to believe, at some point (usually during puberty) the child will rebel and try new things. This is normal and good, but whatever that base teaching was will still stick and Buddhism is the best program of thought for this world, this society we have created. I have abandoned Christianity, but parts of it still ring in my subconscious and even conscious mind. I say, if a thought process should reside in the mind from a time that the mind is incapable of self-cleansing and self-editing, that thought process should be one of development and acceptance such as Buddhism. As Lisa Simpson taught us, a cool thing about Buddhism is that it allows the individual to celebrate any celebration. I know Buddhism prohibits ingestion of alcohol or mind-altering chemicals but I'm also part Christian which whole-heartedly endorses alcoholism, and I'm
also atheist which allows me to do anything guilt free. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and to all a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home